You need to be registered and approved to bid at this auction.Watch the auction
**NO VAT ON HAMMER** Comprehensive photos of all lots and further descriptions will be uploaded prior to auction.
Accepted cards for registration
Accepted cards for payment
Other payment methods
Clarke & Simpson do not provide a shipping service. All buyers will need to arrange their own shipping requirements.
Terms and conditions:
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. DESCRIPTION. No warranty is given or implied by the description in the catalogue. Each lot is sold in its condition at the time of sale with all faults, defects, imperfections and errors of description (if any). Whilst every endeavour has been made to describe the items adequately and properly, the purchaser shall deem to have inspected the lot prior to purchase.
2. STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS. Purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves prior to purchasing regarding current legal requirements (e.g. Health & Safety at Work Act) and it is expressly brought to the bidders’ attention that equipment in the sale may not necessarily comply with such regulations. Any purchaser shall satisfy himself as to any statutory requirement for the use of any item and no liability shall rest with the vendors nor the Auctioneers.
3. VARIATION OF LOTS. Auctioneers reserve the right to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot or lots or submit them in any order that they deem desirable.
4. BIDDING. Highest bidder to be the purchaser. The Auctioneers shall regulate the bids and they reserve the right to refuse any bidding and in the case of any lot upon which there may be a reserve bid on behalf of the Vendor. Where two or more bids at the same level are simultaneously received by the auctioneer, the bid submitted first shall take preference. In the case of dispute, the Auctioneer shall be sole arbitrator in any matters arising during or out of the sale.
5. PAYMENT. All lots shall be paid for upon receipt of invoice and the Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse collection if payment has not been made. To avoid such inconvenience payment should be made by bank transfer. Any alternative form of payment must be arranged with the Auctioneers prior to the Sale. All lots are subject to a buyers premium of 2.5% plus VAT. All items purchased through online are subject to a 2% plus VAT administration charge. After the fall of the hammer (or close of auction online), the lot shall be at the purchaser’s risk. It is expressly stated that the Auctioneers will not be responsible for its safe custody. Due to Money Laundering Regulations 2007, the Auctioneers cannot accept cash payments in excess of £9,000 (inc. VAT) from any one person. All money received will be held in Clarke & Simpson Auctions Ltd Clients Account at Barclays Bank plc, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, Suffolk. Account Number 83428591. Sort Code 20-98-07.
6. DEFAULT. If the purchaser defaults with his payment the Auctioneer shall be at liberty to recover by process of law, against the purchaser the cost of any lot or lots bought by him or, without reference to the purchaser, dispose of such lots as the Auctioneer sees fit. If there is a surplus on resale the Auctioneer shall have the right to appropriate the same, or if a deficiency, to recover from the purchaser such deficiency.
7. INDEMNITIES AND PENALTIES. Purchasers shall pay for any damage done by themselves or their agents during the removal of their lots. Attendance at the viewing days and during collection shall be at the risk of those attending to both themselves and to their goods and vehicles.
8. ELECTRICAL SAFETY REGULATIONS. All electrical lots are subject to electrical safety regulations and fall within “the low voltage electrical equipment (safety) regulations 1989” and therefore may only be purchased by a trader who is in the business of repairing or reconditioning such items to comply with these regulations.
1. The sale takes place upon the instructions of The Executors of the Late C A Dewsbery Dec’d.
2. The items are located at Clarke & Simpson Auctions, Campsea Ashe, Suffolk. IP13 0PS and the sale will be at 10am on Saturday 30th September 2023.
3. VAT will not be added to the hammer price on all lots unless otherwise stated. Export: In the context of this sale, this also includes buyers from Northern Ireland. Following the UK’s withdrawal from the EU, a deposit equivalent to UK VAT rate (20%) will be charged on all lots subject to VATpurchased by buyers outside the UK, regardless of whether the buyer has purchased from Clarke & Simpson before. This will be refunded upon confirmation of export and full traceability provided by the purchaser, no later than 10 working days from the date of the auction. After this point it will not be possible to refund and the purchaser will forfeit this payment. The preparation for machinery for export, including cleaning, obtaining phyto-sanitary certificates and export paperwork, will be entirely at the buyer’s cost. This work will not be carried out by Clarke & Simpson. It must be carried out by an appropriate shipping agent. We recommend James P Dixon Ltd, and may involve them removing machinery to their site. Please contact them directly for a quotation on 01359 258034.
4. REMOVAL OF LOTS. All lots must be removed by Friday 6th October at latest, any lots left after this date may be sold to cover costs. Attention is drawn to purchaser’s responsibility after the sale as stated in the Conditions of Sale.
5. VIEWING. 9am – 6pm Friday 29th September 2023.
6. LOADING. There will be a loader available for collections on Saturday 30th September until 5pm, Monday 2nd October and Tuesday 3rd October 8am-5pm. There will be no collections available Sunday 1st October. Any item too large to be loaded by the telehandler will be the responsibility of the purchaser as no loading can be provided.
7. PAYMENT. Particular attention is drawn to the conditions of sale concerning payment. If purchasers wish to pay by cheque and are not well known to the Auctioneers, then no lot will be removed from the sale site until the cheque has cleared unless a suitable bank reference addressed to the Auctioneers is supplied. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY WILL BE RIGIDLY ENFORCED AND SUITABLE ARRANGEMENTS MUST BE MADE.
8. HOURS AND MILEAGE where mentioned are at times of cataloguing. Registration documents (where available) will be supplied after clearance of payment.
9. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. The Auctioneers shall not be liable for any expense, loss, claim or proceedings in respect of personal injury to or death of any person arising out of or in the course of or caused by the Sale, except to the extent that the same is due to the negligence of the Auctioneers.
10. PHOTOGRAPHS. The photographs included within the catalogue were all taken in September 2023.
On behalf of the Executors of the Late C A Dewsbery Dec’d
Dispersal Sale of the Cecil Dewsbery Collection of Ferguson & Massey Ferguson Tractors, Implements, Spares & Literature
Saturday 30th September 2023 at 10am
Clarke & Simpson Auction Centre, Campsea Ashe, Nr Wickham Market, Suffolk. IP13 0PS
Viewing 9am - 6pm on Friday 29th September 2023 & morning of sale from 8am
Catalogues & further details available from www.clarkeandsimpson.co.uk
Please refer to Terms and Conditions of Sale
Although the numbered lot is 200, there may not be 200 early lots. Please check back before the sale for total number of lots.
A buyer’s premium of 2.5%+VAT will be added to the hammer price of all lots.
9am – 6pm Friday 29th September and morning of the sale from 8am
Clarke & Simpson Auctions
James Durrant – 07773 359134
James Mann – 07590 608391
Value Added Tax
There is no Value Added Tax on the hammer price of any of the lots.
There will be a loader available for collections on Saturday 30th September until 5pm, Monday 2nd October and Tuesday 3rd October 8am-5pm. Thereafter by appointment. There will be no collections available Sunday 1st October.
All lots must be removed by 5pm Friday 12th October and subject to payment being made beforehand.
Clarke & Simpson do not offer a packing or shipping service and preparation/ collection of all lots are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Buyers from outside the UK
In the context of this sale, this also includes buyers from Northern Ireland. The preparation for machinery for export, including cleaning, obtaining phyto-sanitary certificates and export paperwork, will be entirely at the buyer’s cost. This work will not be carried out by Clarke & Simpson. It must be carried out by an appropriate shipping agent. We recommend James P Dixon Ltd, and may involve them removing machinery to their site. Please contact them directly for a quotation on 01359 258034.
i-bidder.com, clakeandsimpson.co.uk & bidspotter.co.uk
All purchases made shall be subject to an administration charge of 2% plus VAT (charged by the online bidding provider). Please refer to the Terms & Conditions of Sale for further information.